By Cyber-Duck, Posted 7 years ago
A case study describing the incredibly successful online marketing campaign for SparksDirect, the electrical wholesaler, which included SEO, e-mail marketing and usability consultancy.
Sparks Direct is a large electrical wholesaler based in Archway, London. Sparks approached Cyber-Duck in 2007. Cyber-Duck developed a new eCommerce website for Sparks which became the centre of all online marketing and SEO.
Market conditions were very tough during the recession, since late 2008 until the middle of 2010. Our challenge was to continue to grow online sales during this time, whilst promoting new product categories.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - Including page content optimisation, link baiting, article marketing and social bookmarking.
- Conversion Optimisation (A/B testing) - Testing multiple versions of a page simultaneously and implementing the winning version.
- Bespoke Analytics Reporting – Constant measurement allowing us to optimise our strategy by having in-depth data about user behaviour.
- Optimal Project Management - Working closely with Sparks’ in-house team ensuring a smooth campaign and advising on social media strategy.
HIGH RANKINGS + OPTIMISED WEBSITE = BOOMING SALES
Cyber-Duck has built a long-term relationship with Sparks due to our outstanding impact. All of the below was achieved without Pay-Per-Click advertising:
- Almost 400% more online revenue in 2009 than in 2008.
- Online revenue in 2010 has already increased by 40%.
- 224% increase in monthly visitors in two years.
- Top Rankings on Google.co.uk (Nov 2010): 1st for Lighting Wholesaler(s), 3rd for Bedroom Lights, 2nd for Electrical Wholesaler.
Nick Cohen, the Director at Sparks Direct said: "Cyber-Duck have been instrumental in boosting our online sales, even in a tough economic climate. The results have exceeded our expectations."