Are you a Bid Writer who is aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 50 staff to 100 working at the cusp of digital innovation? We have an exciting mission for a Bid Writer professional with at least 3 years of experience.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research. We are Best Companies accredited, and voted as the UK's 100 best small companies to work for in 2021.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Bid Writer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers. We are looking for someone with experience who can review tenders for submission for new business opportunities for us and be confident working with different stakeholders internally and clients.
You will report to the Growth Director
Where is it based?
This role is primarily based in Greater London (Elstree, Hertfordshire), UK and you may work from the office as and when required. We adopt a Remote First working policy. However, we will want to meet up in person on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
What you'll be doing
On a weekly basis you will be:
Find, review and qualify tender-related new business opportunities
Find and submit the agency on relevant tender portals and renew our status whereappropriate
Lead on the strategy, written content, commercial response, and submission of tendersand proposals
Write & create material for tenders, pitches, proposals and new business presentations
Where applicable, coordinate with other team members and subject matter experts forinput into our bid responses
Maintain our bid submission calendar
Improve and maintain our bid/proposal asset library to assist with the production ofpitches, proposals and RFP responses
Develop targeted marketing material for bids, client meetings and businessdevelopment activities including case studies and sector-based content
Act as quality control for tender and new business outputs
Run PRAs and the continual improvement process of our bid submissions
Coach and develop the skills of the wider growth team in best practice regardingtender writing and submissions
Ensure we meet tender deadlines without compromising on quality
Guide the team on which tenders to prioritise to ensure the best possible results for theagency
Qualities we look for in candidates
We're looking for applicants with:
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 + years Bid writing for Digital Agencies
- 3 + years Bid writing experience
- 3 + years Tender writing experience
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience with Government Frameworks
- Previous bid writing for Government tenders
- Digital Marketplace /Doss and G-Cloud experience
What are the benefits?
You'll be working in a team that wants to deliver the best for our clients. As such, we offer:
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours, and the ability to work remotely
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Discretionary Christmas break in addition to annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Technology to support you; MacBook Pro, peripherals, software- the best tools for the job
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.