What is the role?
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
You'll be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deploy, monitor, and ensure the scalability of the websites and applications we deliver.
You'll be familiar with architecting robust cloud hosting solutions, working with developers to configure containers, code pipelines and automated deployments, as well as managing patches and upgrades. You'll also be comfortable working with clients to communicate the security and redundancy features of our offering.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, but primarily you'll be based in one of the two offices below, depending on what is most suitable for you and us.
- Farringdon, London
- Elstree, Hertfordshire
What you'll do
- Attend client meetings to gather a solid understanding of infosec requirements
- Architect cloud service solutions including servers, databases, caching, CDNs, and search tools
- Work with developers to configure environments with continuous integration
- Optimise the performance and load times of the services
- Ensure we employ a robust deployment methodology, backed up by automated tests
- Monitoring uptime and ensuring the security and integrity of data, as per ISO27001
- Manage services such as DNS, SSL, and firewalls via tools such as Cloudflare
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
Required skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of AWS stack or Azure or equivalent
- Experience with configuring environments from testing to production
- Planning and executing live deployments
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Familiar with web development standards
- Understanding of APIs
- Implementing test-driven deployment practices
- Managing source control using Git
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, clients, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working with clients
- Knowledge of tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- PHP stack such as Laravel or Drupal
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes containers
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of ISO27001
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to [email protected], telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a Dev Ops Engineer, we would love you to join our friendly team.