We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our friendly and talented Technology team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research. We are Best Companies accredited, and voted as the UK's 100 best small companies to work for in 2021.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new DevOps Engineer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers. We are looking for someone with experience who can tackle interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients. Deployment, monitoring, and scalability of the websites and applications we deliver is your primary objective.
In order to fulfil your mission, you'll be familiar with cloud orchestration tooling like Terraform, and modern cloud platforms like AWS and Azure. You'll also be comfortable working to promote our best practice approach to our clients information security.
You will report to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
Where is it based?
This role is primarily remote. We hire people that are based remotely, outside of Greater London, UK. We adopt a Remote First working policy. However, we will want to meet up in person on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for key company events/meetings for which we will fly you over to the UK.
What you'll be doing?
A normal day in the life of a DevOps Engineer looks something like this:
- Review alerts that came in overnight from CloudWatch or StatusCake
- Join a daily project standup to update the team on your progress, and discuss the details of an upcoming deployment
- Write some code to automate a process with the goal of eliminating toil
- Share specialist subject knowledge, to empower a colleague to overcome a challenge
- Contribute to a project aiming to upgrade an infrastructure platform and associated tooling to the next-generation release
Qualities we look for in candidates
We're looking for applicants with:
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- An understanding of modern web technologies like REST, micro-services and distributed applications
- Clear and concise communication skills
- The ability to be personally responsible, and act on initiative in a culture of continuous improvement
- A strong desire to achieve and maintain high standards for our clients
- Previous creative or Digital Agency experience would be preferable
- Experience working with clients
- A previous background in a distributed team
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes containers
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and ISO9001
What are the benefits?
You'll be working in a team that wants to deliver the best for our clients. As such, we offer:
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours, and the ability to work remotely
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service (uncapped)
- Discretionary Christmas break in addition to annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Technology to support you; MacBook Pro, peripherals, software- the best tools for the job
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you as soon as possible
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager
We look forward to hearing from you.