What is the role?
We are looking for an experienced Growth Director to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
Part strategic, part hands-on, you'll be leading and driving our growth strategy. You will help to drive and define our sector lead generation plans, prospect acquisition strategy, target acquisition lists and helping to create pitches and proposals. You will oversee new business, account management as well as numerous other growth functions in the business encompassing CRM and feedback loops with PMO. As we are an SME, you will be hands-on with key accounts too whilst driving our strategy and tactics.
You'll have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, and you'll be able to advise on how to respond to market opportunities and risks. You will also be apply continual improvement, agile and lean principles to our process and the growth function so we continually improve our strategy and tactics. A key part of the role involves people management.
You'll be confident and comfortable working with different stakeholders, both internally and at the client, to both motivate, distill and drive requirements through from prospecting, pitching and tenders all the way to client on-boarding and ongoing account management.
Ultimately you will be accountable for setting and delivering on our yearly growth targets including delivered revenue, existing and new client acquisition targets. You will be managing and responsible for expanding our growing team of new business and account managers as well as executives and interns. You will report to the CEO directly but work closely with the CSO, CPO, FD and Non-Exec Director.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
You'll be based in Elstree & Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. You will be required to work in Farringdon, London at least 1-2 days a week. There is some flexibility on location but this is subject to experience, training and capabilities of working in different locations.
What you'll do
- Vision - Oversee and set our growth targets with our FD and CEO and define our target lists and sector content research and development programme. A key parameter is to look at the market differentiation tactics we can employ yearly based on research you will help to collate and review.
- Incentive programme - Help to setup and structure a scheme to reward the team that wins and delivers top quality work to our clients.
- Key business introducer (KBI) - Tactically and physically devise plans to build and reward our network and meet with our contacts on a regular basis to cement relationships.
- Strategy for CRM - Oversee our CRM strategy and ensure that we use CRM for prospecting, new business reporting, lead management and campaigns (with our Marketing Manager).
- Functional new business - Oversee the quality of our responses including speed, templates, knowledge-base to both tenders and pitches. Be responsible for vetting the final proposals and pitches before they go out so they hit our principles.
- Tenders - Oversee our tendering process including supervising the portals we advertise so all our information is up-to-date and oversee the quality of our knowledge bank and submissions.
- Proposal writing - Oversee our proposal writing so the proposals hit our standards. Continually improve our templates and email correspondence.
- Pitch strategy - You will not only help us to strategically review how we pitch but also lead key pitches yourself. You will need to draw in on insights from other research and be experienced with leveraging qualitative, quantitive and product research to woo and wow clients.
- Legal reviews - There will be an element of legal (contract) reviews that you will need to undertake and drive with the other directors.
- Client on-boarding - You will oversee the client on-boarding in the business.\
- AMPM loop - A key part of your role will be to interface with project managers to identify new opportunities, obstacles and risks and help to mitigate, manage and lead so we are as efficient as possible.
- Positioning - Like any business in a fast moving industry, you will be constantly helping the board to look at new methods of positioning ourselves and ensuring we attract and retain the right level of clients.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience leading teams on attracting, winning and retaining large and innovative digital projects and accounts through working with in collaboration with creative, technology and marketing teams.
- A good understanding of technology platforms and concepts including CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, APIs, data migration, analytics and SEO.
- Experience applying an agile framework (Scrum, SAFe, etc), user centred design (UCD) and or Google accredited certified partner (GAC) methods to clients and accounts
- Solid understanding of the web industry, with hands-on experience leading the delivery of large-scale digital projects for the web from brief to the finished product
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with the team and clients, and the ability to solve problems or resolve conflicts calmly and professionally should they arise.
- A passion for sales, growth and marketing with evidence of various books, podcasts and thought leaders that you follow or even have created in the past.
- Experience working with clients and setting/managing expectations
- Experience facilitating and leading meetings with clients
- Superb written communication skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Business Information Systems, Interactive Media, Creative Technology, Computer Science or other Technology or Design
- Previous creative or technical agency experience
- Knowledge of product management and digital product lifecycle management
- Knowledge of open source web technologies
- Knowledge of user-centred design
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email with Growth Director as the title to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a Growth Director, we would love you to join our friendly team.