What is the role?
We are looking for an HR Manager to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
Working under the Finance Director, the focus of your role will be readying the company for growth as our sales and delivered revenue is growing by double digits. Your mission will include improving performance management to create better awareness of goals, training plans, competency management and awareness of quality objectives and KPIs. You will be supporting the directors and CEO by helping them to retain and recruit the best talent.
You'll have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, being able to be both strategic and also undertake hands-on admin work which is so vital to deliver excellence.
We are a very diverse team. We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
The role will be based at our Elstree, Hertfordshire office. You will however be spending time in our Farringdon, London office.
What you’ll do
- Cloud software implementation - Setup of the HiBob HR platform to include overarching thematic goals, department goals and individual’s KPIs for each staff. Setup appraisals, staff surveys and 360 peer reviews. Create required workflows (interlinked with IT and Ops) around the induction, probation process, mentorship and various checkpoints.
- Performance management programme (PMP) - Setup and plan a conference programme and MOOC ideation scheme, reading and CPD programme as well as lunch and learns within the business (via staff ambassadors). Devise formal supervision ‘check-points’ for junior staff within HiBob. Coach managers on performance management and utilise our external coach for this.
- ATS – Help to select a new tool for ATS and then setup and devise the ATS link to HiBob and create new workflows around this.
- Policies – Rewrite and migrate old policies to our new Notion Wiki system and ensure the right link with HiBob.
- Reporting – There is an opportunity to massively improve and automate HR reporting, so we utilize data reports to self-improve, identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Improve retention - Through research, analysis and working with our people/performance coach you will help us to improve retention.
- Strategic recruitment – Help to identify strategic roles as we grow. Improve the recruitment process through ATS tools. Innovative and creative recruitment campaigns and making our website more appealing.
- Standards – We will be doing a key piece of work around re-engineering our processes through the ‘academy of innovation’ (another thematic goal). You will help us to identify and fine-tune the competencies needed for different roles through gap analysis.
- Remote work – We have multiple key staff working internationally. You will help us to devise tactics and workflows around developing a ‘remote-first’ culture.
- Team building – Assist and drive team building at Cyber-Duck given our international nature and the location of the team.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing digital projects working with creative or technical teams
- Qualifications around CIPD, HR or an MBA
- Solid understanding of the digital economy, with hands-on experience recruiting and retaining staff
- Strong organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Proven experience undertaking admin work and the ability to write policies and deal with legalities such as changes to the law
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with both the team and leadership team, and the ability to solve problems or resolve conflicts calmly and professionally should they arise
- Superb written communication skills
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply
Simply send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. No party is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of an HR Manager, we would love you to join our friendly team.