What is the role?
We are looking for a Mid-to-Senior UX Designer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
You'll be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deliver research insights and considered design work that exceeds users’ expectations.
You'll be able to effectively devise and communicate ideas and solutions, both with our team and clients, where you'll demonstrate your passion for delivering great user experiences.
Ultimately, you'll be a champion for good design, advocating for best practices and high standards with both clients and other team members alike.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, but primarily you'll be based in one of our 2 offices, depending on what is most suitable for you and us.
- Farringdon, London
- Elstree, Hertfordshire
What you'll do
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Facilitate collaborative workshops and design studios
- Conduct research using a variety of methods and be able to synthesise results from research into tangible insights and recommendations
- Define and map information architectures and user journeys
- Create, iterate and prototype testable design solutions
- Champion meeting user needs, even if it means challenging the brief or assumptions made
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
Required skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of human centred design and usability heuristics
- Experience in designing responsive websites and applications
- Experience in creating, testing and iterating prototypes with stakeholders
Experience in defining and testing information and contentarchitectures
- Experience with conducting research and articulating outputs in a coherent, understandable formats
- Experience working with clients and setting/managing expectations
- Experience facilitating workshops or design studios
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines
Desirable skills and experience
- A design or research related degree
- Experience speaking about design at conferences or meetups
- Experience using Axure
- Experience using Sketch
- Experience using Keynote
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and a (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a UX Designer, we would love you to join our friendly team.