We’re looking for an experienced New Business Manager to join our growing team. Reporting into the New Business Director. Our New Business Manager will lead on playing a pivotal role in formulating our new business strategy.
Who are we?
At Cyber-Duck we are a leading, independent digital agency that is passionate about delivering mission-critical digital transformation for our clients by combining Service Design, UX and Technology. We've helped the likes of Sport England, European Central Bank, Bank of England, Compare the Market, Mondelez (Cadbury), TFL and Counter-Terrorism Policing achieve their digital ambitions. The starting point for that journey begins with our Growth Team!
You'll be joining our talented Growth Team, winners of The Drum Award for Business Development Team of the Year in 2021. They are the heartbeat of the agency and combine their fun, hard-working, and enthusiastic nature, with a genuine passion and desire to help our clients find achieve digital success.
Cyber-Duck prides itself on being an inclusive and rewarding place to work! We’re a very diverse bunch and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer. We’re proud to be Best Companies accredited and to have been voted as one of the UK’s 100 best small companies to work for in 2021.
We're growing at an exciting pace and our ambitions for the future are truly exciting. We are looking for someone who is passionate and keen to stand out and make a mark with their career to help us, help our clients deliver digital excellence.
Anyway, enough about us… who are you?
Who are you?
- You’re a team player and see sales as a team sport, not an individual one. It’s right up there on our list of important behaviours.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Business Development, Client Services or Account Management roles for a technically or creatively minded digital agency
- Have a proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue targets
- Driven, self-motivated professional who is hungry for success and personal growth
- Someone who is naturally inquisitive and understands that a great salesperson needs to be part-detective and part-consultant in order to be a great problem solver.
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent comprehension skills with the ability to absorb information easily
- Experience negotiating sales deals and contracts
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage own workload independently
- Excellent written English communication skills and verbal communication face to face, on the phone and virtually
- Experience with creating engaging and captivating presentations, and just as engaging presenting them to prospects
- Genuine passion for technology and innovation
- Strong understanding of UX, digital transformation, technology and how it can be used to solve business’ challenges
What does a typical week look like?
Aside from the usual fun stuff including a weekly all-company meeting, our regular Wednesday slot at the Duck & Crisp (our own virtual pub) and regular game nights, you’ll:
- You'll play a pivotal role in the agency achieving its new business targets and play a key role in contributing to our growth strategy by ensuring our marketing is informed by our new business activities
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential clients
- Own our lead qualification process
- Support and deliver tenders, RFIs/RFPs and proposals from public sector, private sector and government-related organisations
- Plan, organise and lead new business and relationship meetings
- Lead our pitch preparation and work collaboratively with other departments to deliver captivating pitches
- Manage our CRM and ensure our pipeline data is up to date and accurate at all times
- Proactively seek new prospects through regularly attending networking events, and events in industries we are targeting
- Stay informed with key client sector trends, industry news and competitive landscape
Where will I be based?
We’re a hybrid business, what does that mean? Well, it means that we recognise flexibility is key for most people to be fulfilled, enjoy their work and deliver great results. There will be an expectation that you come to the office to build relationships and work with your colleagues but we do not prescribe at a company level when and how frequently you must come in. At the moment the Growth team (which you will be a part of) is a collaborative unit and currently benefit from seeing and collaborating with each other in person at least once or twice a week in our Elstree or London offices.
What are your benefits?
The most important thing you’ll get is an opportunity to hone your skills, shape your career and contribute to a rapidly growing agency with big plans for ourselves and our clients. Ultimately, to do something you can look back and be proud about. We’ve had interns become board members, and Cyber-Duck Alumni go on to create their own successful businesses like project management tool Monday (valued at over $7 billion). In terms of benefits, here are some of the things you can look forward to :
- All the tools you need for the job including a MacBook Pro and an allowance to get you set up if you’ll ever need to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays), increasing by 1 day a year for each full year of service
- We close the business over the Festive period in December and we encourage everyone to take a proper break so you’ll get this time off in addition to your annual leave
- Standard pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Access to budgets for training and conferences for personal growth
- A flexible benefits pot which you can use to spend on things like a gym membership or enhanced assurance plans
- Cycle to work scheme
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV.