We're looking to hire an agency growth focused product manager to improve our website, academy, brand and promotional products. The manager will work under the management of the Marketing Manager and CEO to propel website and product marketing and contribute towards the process engineering efforts of the design department.
The manager will oversee our Cyber-Duck Way Academy of excellence to curate and design eLearning content to push the skills of our teams to new heights. The design will also help to market and monetise the courses and prepare content for Service Design/UX talks, videos and podcasts.
Where is it based?
Location: Flexible to work from home for a lot of the week. Main office is Elstree. Work in Elstree office at least 1-2 days a week. Possible to work in Farringdon as and when there is space or the team are there.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
- Own our website design, interfaces and content to ensure that it is client, ICP and persona focused to improve conversions
- Run ongoing user research on our website and with competitors to ensure that features and content is focused
- Oversee the implementation of personalisation, marketing automation and applying our new brand
- Update our ICP/persona research based on CRM/lead data to ensure we understand client/prospect intent
- Use data such as SEO, linking, external partnerships to improve the promotion of the website
- Help to improve channel marketing to the website by contributing to the campaign efforts.
- Develop and maintain a pattern library (brand bible) bridging branding and marketing elements with HTML ones
- With the designers, help to develop and oversee the icon, photography and multimedia assets (including video)
- Help to design our internal (office signage) and external facing (video)
Academy of the Cyber-Duck Way (TCW)
- Extract client workflows (with UX team) to create guides, process engineering, models and templates on our Wiki
- By working with the UX team and the CEO, create thought leadership such as books and guides
- Develop and drive the Service Design/UX Training academy (including content and leading the courses)
- Help to lead talks about Service Design and UX to promote our design services
- Design and build eLearning content for the team from inductions to courses and CPD material
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a Product Manager, we would love you to join our friendly team.