We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our friendly and talented team on a part time with the opportunity for full time in the future.
You will be ensuring the quality of a variety of different products that our technology team produces. We are looking for someone with experience with automation, so experience with setting up and maintaining testing suites will be a big part of this role.
Building robust well-designed web and mobile applications is at the core of what we do. Ensuring our engineers are producing quality from user-experience to business logic of an application will be your responsibility.
Where is it based?
We have flexible working arrangements with options for remote working. From time to time we may ask for you to travel to one of our offices.
- Farringdon, London
- Elstree, Hertfordshire
What you’ll do
- Clearly build and communicate testing plans and follow them all the way to production Design and implement automated testing based on clear user stories and acceptance criteria
- Maintain regression testing scripts and automated pipelines
- Utilisation of W3C, Google Products and others to test accessibility and compliance to AA standards
- Participate in testing projects under both Agile and Waterfall workflows Manage on-going post-launch support by efficiently triaging tickets Communicate with team on issues and follow them through to resolution
What are we looking for?
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team with a variety of different professions
- Writing automated tests and running regressions of complex applications Experience with testing web application performance
- Good knowledge of web accessibility standards Experience testing user experience, content and security
- Troubleshooting issues found and providing suggestions on how to fix
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to email@example.com, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a QA Engineer, we would love you to join our friendly team.