Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer who is aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 50 staff to 100 working at the cusp of digital innovation? You'll be taking on the responsibility of working in a brand new position for us here at Cyber-Duck, we're super excited about it.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Quality Assurance Engineer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers. You will be ensuring the quality of a variety of different products that our technology team produces. We are looking for someone with experience with automation, so experience with setting up and maintaining testing suites will be a big part of this role. Building robust well-designed web and mobile applications is at the core of what we do. Ensuring our engineers are producing quality from user-experience to business logic of an application will be your responsibility.
What a typical day looks like
No day is quiet at Cyber-Duck!
You will report to the Technical Director
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, initially, the role will be remote but primarily you'll be based in our Elstree offices.
What you'll do
- Clearly build and communicate testing plans and follow them all the way to production
- Identify and document testing risks in a project and mitigate them with the team
- Review automated feature testing and identify risks and gaps in coverage
- Maintain regression testing scripts and automated pipelines
- Utilisation of W3C, Google Products and others to test accessibility and compliance to AA standards
- Participate in testing projects under both Agile and Waterfall workflows
- Manage on-going post-launch support by efficiently triaging tickets
- Communicate with team on issues and follow them through to resolution
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team with a variety of different professions
- Writing automated tests and running regressions of complex applications
- Experience with testing web application performance
- Good knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Experience testing user experience, content and security
- Troubleshooting issues found and providing suggestions on how to fix
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.