We are looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to join our friendly and talented Technology team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Senior Drupal Developer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers, your main goal is to deliver quality and robust solutions for a range of clients. You will be confident working with different stakeholders both internally and with clients to both motivate, distil and drive requirements. You will be a confident Drupal Developer and relish working within an agency environment and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Where is it based?
What is the role:
You will be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deliver quality and robust solutions using open-source web technology.
You will be able to effectively devise and communicate ideas and solutions, both with our team and clients, where you will demonstrate your passion for delivering great user experiences.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
What you will do
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas
- Oversee project delivery for a range of clients, from initial scoping, architecture and delivery in Agile sprints using PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Drupal
- Manage a team of developers onsite (with some remote). This could involve some travel to Europe to collaborate with the remote teams
- Run code review
- Train and mentor junior developers
- Help our CTO define and enforce quality engineering standards
- Use forward-thinking DevOps technology and processes for deployments and automated testing
- Support the QA team to improve process and embrace automation to find & fix bugs during the entire product lifecycle
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong 3+ years of Drupal 8
- Knowledge and experience of management tools such as Jira, git and BitBucket
- Liaising with clients
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- Laravel (we are Laravel partners)
- Acquia Platform & Site Studio
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.