We are looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to join our friendly and talented Technology team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research. We are Best Companies accredited, and voted as the UK's 100 best small companies to work for in 2021.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Senior Drupal Developer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers, We are looking for someone with experience who can deliver quality and robust solutions for a range of clients. You will be confident working with different stakeholders both internally and with clients to both motivate, distil and drive requirements. You will be a confident Drupal Developer and relish working within an agency environment and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
You will report to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Where is it based?
This role is primarily remote. We hire people that are based remotely, outside of Greater London, UK. We adopt a Remote First working policy. However, we will want to meet up in person on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for key company events/meetings for which we will fly you over to the UK.
What you will do
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas
- Oversee project delivery for a range of clients, from initial scoping, architecture and delivery in Agile sprints using PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Drupal
- Manage a team of developers onsite (with some remote). This could involve some travel to Europe to collaborate with the remote teams
- Run code review
- Train and mentor junior developers
- Help our CTO define and enforce quality engineering standards
- Use forward-thinking DevOps technology and processes for deployments and automated testing
- Support the QA team to improve process and embrace automation to find & fix bugs during the entire product lifecycle
Qualities we look for in candidates
We're looking for applicants with:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong 3+ years of Drupal 8
- Knowledge and experience of management tools such as Jira, git and BitBucket
- Liaising with clients
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- Laravel (we are Laravel partners)
- Acquia Platform & Site Studio
What are the benefits?
You'll be working in a team that wants to deliver the best for our clients. As such, we offer:
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service (uncapped)
- Discretionary Christmas break in addition to annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Technology to support you; MacBook Pro, peripherals, software- the best tools for the job
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.