We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (Laravel) to join our friendly and talented Technology team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Senior PHP Developer. With a top-notch team Project Management Office (PMO), UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers, your main goal is to design and implement innovative technical solutions to a high standard for a range of clients. You will be confident working with different stakeholders both internally and clients to both motivate, distil and drive requirements. You will be a confident Senior PHP Developer and relish working within an agency environment and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
This role is remote working.
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas
- Design and implement innovative and robust technical solutions
- Help coach and mentor our team of talented developers
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
- Help establish best practice and set standards for modern web development across the organisation
- Good knowledge of object oriented coding and SOLID principles
- Working with a PHP MVC framework
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs
- Implementing test-driven development practices
- Managing source control using Git
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience working with clients
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- Laravel (we are Laravel partners)
- AWS stack
- Knowledge of PHP-based CMS' such as Drupal or Silverstripe
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.