What is the role?
We are looking for a SilverStripe Developer to join our friendly and talented Technology team on a permanent basis.
You'll be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of well-known clients to deliver the quality and robust solutions using open-source web technology.
You'll be able to effectively devise and communicate ideas and solutions, both with our team and clients, where you'll demonstrate your passion for delivering great user experiences.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, but primarily you'll be based in one of our 2 offices, depending on what is most suitable for you and us.
- Elstree, Hertfordshire
- Farringdon, London
What you'll do:
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate technical plans
- Design and implement innovative and robust technical solutions
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
Required skills and experience:
- Working with a SilverStripe MVC framework
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs
- Managing source control using Git
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Writing well tested robust code
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working with clients
- Any knowledge of other PHP-based frameworks such as Laravel or Drupal
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A top of the range laptop
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to email@example.com, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We host annual parties to bring our family of clients and Ducks together. None is complete without our photo booth!
Who are we and what do we value?
Over the past 14 years, Cyber-Duck has built up a reputation and won awards for delivering exceptional work for clients, and as part of our R&D labs. The reason for this reputation is our fantastic and diverse team of 45 passionate experts.
We run the popular meetup The Digital Pond, speak at and attend conferences all around the world, and share our knowledge through the UX Companion app.
We are and have always been 100% independently owned. We have an EMI share option scheme which we offer to all team members.
The things we really value in our team are:
- Excellence at the core - Consistently delivering to a high standard
- Adaptive to change - Calm and positive in the face of adversity, and open to new challenges
- Relentless - Dependable and willing to go the extra mile
- Selfless - Value your impact on the bigger picture above all
If you think you fit the role of a Senior PHP Developer, we would love you to join our friendly team.