Are you a Social & Community Lead who is aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 50 staff to 100 working at the cusp of digital innovation? You'll be taking on a key role within our marketing department, and we're super excited about it.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new Marketing Coordinator. With a top-notch team consisting of Project Management, UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers. We are looking for someone who has experience with and understands the importance of driving brand awareness, marketing qualified leads (MQLs) and sales qualified leads (SQLs) for a B2B business. You will be responsible for driving our internal marketing efforts forward and help to generate more leads and sales for the business.
What a typical day looks like
No day is quiet at Cyber-Duck!
You will report to the Growth Director
We're flexible about location, initially, the role will be remote but primarily you'll be based in our Elstree offices.
- Content Calendar - Review and prioritise all of our content marketing efforts, ensuring content ties in with our marketing calendar and contributes towards our aims and objectives for the year.
- Social media marketing - Plan and execute our social media marketing strategy, ensuring all activity is aligned with our marketing themes and content strategy for the year.
- Community engagement - Boost and amplify Cyber-Duck's engagement with key industry communities such as UX, accessibility, Drupal and Laravel to name a few. You will be expected to identify and capitalise on opportunities discovered as part of this work.
- Sponsorship opportunities - Look to identify relevant sponsorship opportunities for Cyber-Duck, as well as building fruitful working relationships with key sponsors.
- Key events - Help to identify, plan and execute our event marketing, helping to identify key speaking opportunities for the business that align with our marketing strategy and then support the team in preparing and promoting the brand before, during and after each event.
- Editorial/sector outreach - Support our sector and editorial champions, helping to generate engaging ideas and then promote each piece of content towards highly targeted audiences.
- Campaign promotion- Finding creative ways to promote campaigns through creative content, product development and channel optimisation
- Client case studies- Understand the account and project pipeline to ensure key milestones and releases are coordinated with clients and promoted
- Identify influencers- Identify key influencers, associations and thought leaders to support marketing efforts
- Ideal Client Prospects (ICP's) - Identify and maintain our list of ICP's so future marketing campaigns are targeted at a highly relevant audience.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good written and verbal skills
- A clear and confident communicator who will be able to provide weekly updates to the senior management team on the performance of marketing activity
- Attention to detail
- Data first approach to all marketing initiatives
- A self starter - someone who takes responsibility and is able to drive marketing initiatives forward for the business
- Digital Agency experience a plus
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Discretionary Christmas break in addition to annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR manager, would love to hear from you. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.