We are searching for a UI Designer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Compare the Market.
Are you a Digital Visual Designer who is aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 70 staff to 100 this year working at the cusp of digital innovation?
We have an exciting mission for a design professional with at least 4-5 year’ experience to helping us to push UI standards and brand implantation and development.
Who we are hiring
We're looking to hire a Visual Designer to generate best in class UI design. Someone who is confidence, with a level head and humility. Experience is valued but we’re more interested in talent and ambition. You're motivated by challenging projects, happy to work agile, combining your skills in brand, UI and functional design to take your work to higher levels. You’ll be tackling exciting and varied challenges for a diverse range of communications, across multiple content types and digital platforms. You want to be a part of a growing Design and UX team and together deliver large scale web services to our well-known global clients. You will help define new models, systems and processes to improve the efforts of the design department.
What a typical day looks like
No day is quiet at Cyber-Duck! It’s fast paced and fun. You will work on a wide variety of projects, no day will be the same. The role will be split between internal and client work. We will expect you to work on illustrations, videos, infographics, animation, posters, newsletters, presentations and compelling social media assets. Your job will be to make us look the very best we can. This is a great opportunity to develop and grow and have a hand in the growth of Cyber-Duck. We want to be in the top 10 in the UK. We are in the top 20 already.
You will report to the Creative Director.
Where is it based?
This role is primarily based in Greater London (Elstree, Hertfordshire), UK and you may work from the office as and when required. We adopt a Remote First working policy. However, we will want to meet up in person on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Discuss ideas and present designs to other team members and clients
- Pushing visual identities and making them fit for digital communications
- Designing UI mockups and building prototypes.
- Creating and maintaining design systems for multiple global websites.
- Liaise with other team members to fully understand, interpret and respond to the briefs they provide, requesting additional information where necessary
- Facilitate collaborative workshops with peer’s around creative content
- Work with our peers to improve our processes
- Work with the UX team to design UI assets for clients
- Manage your time and personal development.
Required skills and experience
- Experience working within agency and professional services settings
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Ability to write basic copy and improve messages
- Animation and video skills are a plus
- Excellent time management, ability to multitask and prioritise
- Strong Business acumen
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service and additional Christmas break
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR manager, would love to hear from you. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.