Are you a UX Designer who is aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 50 staff to 100 working at the cusp of digital innovation? We have an exciting mission for a UX Designer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new UX Designer.
With a top-notch team Project Management Office PMO, UX Designers, Software Developers and Marketers, your main goal is to tackle interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deliver research insights and considered design work that exceeds users expectations. Ultimately, you'll be a champion for good design, advocating for best practices and high standards with both clients and other team members alike.
What a typical day looks like
No day is quiet at Cyber-Duck!
You will report to the Lead UX designer.
This role is a remote working role.
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Facilitate collaborative workshops and design studios
- Conduct research using a variety of methods and be able to synthesise results from research into tangible insights and recommendations
- Define and map information architectures and user journeys Create, iterate and prototype testable design solutions
- Champion meeting user needs, even if it means challenging the brief or assumptions made
Required skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of human-centred design and usability heuristics
- Experience in designing responsive websites and applications
- Experience in creating, testing and iterating prototypes with stakeholders
- Experience in defining and testing information and content architectures
- Experience with conducting research and articulating outputs in a coherent, understandable formats
- Experience working with clients and setting/managing expectations
- Experience facilitating workshops or design studios
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines
Desirable skills include
- Digital Agency experience
- A design or research-related degree
- Experience speaking about design at conferences or meetups
- Experience using Axure
- Experience using Sketch
- Experience using Keynote
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 28 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service and additional Christmas break
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and a mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR manager, would love to hear from you. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV and if you have one, a link to your portfolio.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager.
We look forward to hearing from you.