Who are we?
At Cyber-Duck we are a leading, independent digital agency that is passionate about delivering mission-critical digital transformation for our clients by combining Service Design, UX and Technology. We've helped the likes of Sport England, European Central Bank, Bank of England, Compare the Market, Mondelez (Cadbury), TFL and Counter-Terrorism Policing achieve their digital ambitions.
Cyber-Duck prides itself on being an inclusive and rewarding place to work! We’re a very diverse bunch and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer. We’re proud to be Best Companies accredited and to have been voted as one of the UK’s 100 best small companies to work for in 2021.
We're growing at an exciting pace and our ambitions for the future are truly exciting. We are looking for someone who is passionate and keen to stand out and make a mark with their career to help us, help our clients deliver digital excellence.
Anyway, enough about us… who are you?
Who are you?
- You have an In-depth knowledge of human-centred design and usability heuristics
- Experience working with clients is essential
- Experience in designing responsive websites and applications
- Experience in creating, testing and iterating prototypes with stakeholders
- Experience in defining and testing information and content architectures
- Experience with conducting research and articulating outputs in a coherent, understandable formats
- Experience working with clients and setting/managing expectations
- Experience facilitating workshops or design studios
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines
Desirable skills include:
- Digital Agency experience
- A design or research-related degree
- Experience speaking about design at conferences or meetups
- Experience using Axure
- Experience using Sketch
- Experience using Keynote
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
What does a typical week look like?
Aside from the usual fun stuff including a weekly all-company meeting, our regular Wednesday slot at the Duck & Crisp (our own virtual pub) and regular game nights, you’ll:
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Facilitate collaborative workshops and design studios
- Conduct research using a variety of methods and be able to synthesise results from research into tangible insights and recommendations
- Define and map information architectures and user journeys
- Create, iterate and protype testable design solutions
- Champion meeting user needs, even if it means challenging the brief or assumptions made
Where will I be based?
We’re a hybrid business, what does that mean? Well, it means that we recognise flexibility is key for most people to be fulfilled, enjoy their work and deliver great results. There will be an expectation that you come to the office to build relationships and work with your colleagues but we do not prescribe at a company level when and how frequently you must come in. At the moment the Growth team (which you will be a part of) is a collaborative unit and currently benefit from seeing and collaborating with each other in person at least once or twice a week in our Elstree or London offices.
What are your benefits?
- All the tools you need for the job including a MacBook Pro and an allowance to get you set up if you’ll ever need to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays), increasing by 1 day a year for each full year of service
- We close the business over the Festive period in December and we encourage everyone to take a proper break so you’ll get this time off in addition to your annual leave Standard pension contribution
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life insurance
- Access to budgets for training and conferences for personal growth
- Flexible benefits pot which you can use to spend on things like a gym membership or enhanced assurance plans
- Cycle to work scheme
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you.