Are you a UX Researcher aspiring to make a huge impact in a business that is growing from 70 staff to 100 working and at the cusp of digital innovation? We have an exciting mission for a UX Researcher to join our friendly and talented team on a short-term contractual basis (3 months).
For over 15 years, Cyber-Duck has delivered impactful change for our clients' complex websites and digital strategies. We combine innovative strategic planning with content, UX, creativity and technology to deliver meaningful results all over the world, at scale. Cyber-Duck is a specialist digital transformation agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research.
Together, we transform digital. Now, we’re looking for you – our new contract UX researcher.
With a top-notch team comprised of Project Management Office (PMO), designers, developers and marketers, your main goal will be to help drive the growth and value of our brand by leveraging exceptional research acumen across UX and business for a forward-thinking digital agency serving the B2B market.
As an experienced UX/Product researcher you will have knowledge of conducting both quantitative and qualitative research with demanding stakeholders, high-calibre clients and the wider untapped market of prospective leads. On your journey of discovery, you will keep the team informed of insights as and when they arise, effortlessly presenting your ground-breaking findings with in-depth analyses worthy of the Big 4 consultancies.
Ultimately, you will be a champion for industry-recognised research methodologies, advocating for best practices and the highest standards within our business. The implications of your results will inform critical revenue-generating functions for Cyber-Duck's relentless upward trajectory.
You will report to our CEO and to the Project Manager.
Where is it Based
This role is primarily remote. We hire people that are based remotely, outside of Greater London, UK. We adopt a Remote First working policy. However, we will want to meet up in person on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for key company events/meetings for which we will fly you over to the UK.
What you'll be doing
- Take the lead in planning and implementing pandemic-safe user research strategies and methodologies.
- Facilitate collaborative workshops and interviews to understand research needs.
- Perform market, ethnographic and psychographic research to renew existing firmographic data and generate personas with utility.
- Translate the spectrum of user intent from top-of-funnel through to the bottom-of-funnel prospects.
- You will need to be able to create high level themes as well as more detailed sub-themes within your research.
- Conduct user and sector research using appropriate methods using task analyses and user journeys to produce epics and user stories that drive the business and website.
- Work iteratively and closely within a multidisciplinary agile team, including designers, web developers, marketers, and board members.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, clients, and users to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing or usability testing for improvement.
- Play a significant role in assisting the UX designer with recommendations to ensure that our clients have a sublime experience with our website.
- Synthesize results for presentation into tangible insights and actionable recommendations.
Develop budgets and timelines for research projects.
Qualities we look for in candidates
We're looking for applicants with:
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of proven experience in delivering research projects (using thematic analysis practices) successfully from beginning to end.
- Bachelors or Masters in a Human Centred Design or related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Strong knowledge of best practices in user research and user-centred research, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs
- Sound understanding of commercial aspects of business that are driving the need for research
- Conducting desk research and market analyses
- Building surveys and helping to distribute them to potential recipients
- Ability to adapt to different audiences and help recruit participants for research.
- Ability to liaise with participants to set up testing sessions, focus groups or interviews
Experience in conducting remote testing with relevant tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Ability to share informative research results quickly and effectively
- Ability to independently perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management.
Desired skills and experience:
- Digital Agency experience
- An understanding of market segmentation and firmographics
- Ideally, come with a volume B2B background and experience
- Technical understanding of accessibility issues and best practices
Tara Kellam - HR Manager
Tara, our HR Manager would love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role with a copy of your CV.
What are the next steps?
- We aim to respond to you as soon as possible
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call with our HR manager, Tara, before a more formal interview with your potential line manager
We look forward to hearing from you.