What was on?
Right now, more than 700,000 websites are still using Drupal 7. Yet, from November 2022, Drupal 7 and 8 will no longer get updates, bug fixes or security patches. Released in June 2020, Drupal 9 will become the standard platform all organisations must use - but how can you get there?
Experts from Acquia, Cyber-Duck, SureCloud and The Drupal Association talked about the future of Drupal in our first webinar on Thursday 25th June 2020. Attendees discovered how, when and why their business should upgrade to Drupal 9. Our webinar discussed:
- Introduction - how Drupal 9 compares to other leading CMS; the consequences of Drupal 7 & 8 being withdrawn; which versions you need to upgrade to; and why security is so important.
- Upgrade & migration - the benefits of upgrading for developers and content authors; what tools are out there to help; what content considerations there are.
- Personalisation - why this is important for UX; how you can incorporate personalisation into Drupal.
- Authoring & UX - how the authoring experience will change; what considerations there are with regards to the frontend, UX/UI and accessibility.
- DevOps - best practice for the hosting environment and security.