Rundown of contents
As customer uptake of online services soars, you need to be sure your onboarding journeys are fit for purpose. Identity verification is increasingly key: it’s a necessary hurdle that protects you and your customer. But it needs to be conducted as seamlessly as possible – or you’ll lose potential customers.
In this white paper, developed in partnership with GBG, you’ll learn:
- Why we need great identity verification – now more than ever
- How new regulations like 5MLD, PSD2 and GDPR impact identity verification and your business
- How UX can help you balance compliance with CX
- The top UX principles for a world-class customer onboarding journey
- And an onboarding checklist, so you know you can trust your identity verification
About Cyber-Duck and GBG
At Cyber-Duck, we’ve been trusted by clients including the Bank of England, the Financial Ombudsman Service and Cancer Research to deliver digital transformation. Cyber-Duck’s approach is powered by an ISO-accredited user-centred design process, data and technology and draws expertise from investment in creative R&D.
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 18 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 employees globally, our partner GBG proudly stands as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence.
Why do we need great identity verification?
Consumer uptake of online services has risen sharply in recent years. At the same time, it’s no secret that millennials and Gen Z will abandon brands if they can get a better experience.
Onboarding and identity verification is one of the first interactions users will have with your company. A simple and seamless user journey is essential – or you’ll lose valuable customers at the first hurdle.
The challenge of growing regulation
But as we shift to online services, government regulation is growing too. We’re having to adapt to recent regulation including:
- The Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (5AMLD)
- The Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2)
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- And sector-specific regulation, such as for the betting industry
Compliance puts extra pressure on the customer journey at a critical point. We have to protect our customers and ourselves from fraud, money laundering and financing terrorism – but not at the expense of the user experience.
That means we’ve got to get smart.
Companies must balance regulatory compliance with intuitive, enjoyable user experiences.
You need seamless user journeys that guide users quickly and easily through the verification process.
You need UX design.
Get your free white paper today
In exchange for getting a free digital copy, please sign up for our newsletter below.